Monday, January 8, 2018


I have been off from work for the last week. I had a "stay-cation" instead of heading out anywhere. This was intentional as I came to realize that although I have been working very hard at work I have not worked hard on myself at all. It has been quite some time since I really evaluated my life, my passions, my health and my priorities.

I have spent the last week eating healthy, making meals and drinking a ton of water as well as cutting out all alcohol. I lost 4 pounds. I spent the first part of each day watching art documentaries, sappy drama's and drawing on my Surface Pro. I updated all my computers, got a new iphone and worked on design. I stayed creatively engaged and really worked to nurture that part of me that has been feeling lost for quite some time.

I organized and built a new design studio, finished up work I had due and cut back on the white noise created by meaningless T.V. and social media.

Work had become a place that was draining me of myself, my creativity, my self esteem and turning me into someone I do not like. I remembered how important my space is for me to feel good.  I head back tomorrow and I am going to live a more balanced life with ME as the priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment